Michael Albinus writes: > Daiki Ueno writes: > >> Certainly. Do you have any preference on the alternative form? My >> example used the `:type' keyword, but it was a tentative plan and might >> be too verbose for programmers. Reusing `:signature' might be a better >> idea as you mentioned (though it might be confusing with the current >> meaning of `:signature' as a D-Bus type "g"). > > I'm OK with :type, as you said it is similar to what defcustom > offers. :signature would be confusing indeed, when it means Lisp > objects instead of a signature string. Sorry for the long delay. I have tried to implement it (patch attached). It basically adds a couple of new functions: - xd_type_spec_to_signature(char *, Lisp_Object) - xd_append_arg_with_type_spec(Lisp_Object, Lisp_Object, DBusMessageIter *) which are similar to xd_signature and xd_append_arg, but take a Lisp_Object denoting an argument type. Comments appreciated. Regards, -- Daiki Ueno