all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Change html previewer?
@ 2005-09-21 13:28 Robert Lundqvist
From: Robert Lundqvist @ 2005-09-21 13:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all!

Can anyone tell me how to change the html previewer from mozilla to other
html previewer (lynx,...)? Feels as if I have tried all customization
alternatives now...  Evidently not yet. Pointers would be appreciated.

Robert

* Re: Change html previewer?
@ 2005-09-21 16:08 ` J. David Boyd
       [not found] ` <mailman.7905.1127319624.20277.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: J. David Boyd @ 2005-09-21 16:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

Robert Lundqvist <robelu@sm.luth.se> writes:

> Hi all!
>
> Can anyone tell me how to change the html previewer from mozilla to other
> html previewer (lynx,...)? Feels as if I have tried all customization
> alternatives now...  Evidently not yet. Pointers would be appreciated.
>
> Robert

M-x customize-apropos

browse-url-browser-function

Dave in Largo, FL

* Re: Change html previewer?
       [not found] ` <mailman.7905.1127319624.20277.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2005-09-22  9:14   ` Robert Lundqvist
       [not found]     ` <mailman.8121.1127418100.20277.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Robert Lundqvist @ 2005-09-22  9:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wed, 21 Sep 2005, J. David Boyd wrote:

> Robert Lundqvist <robelu@sm.luth.se> writes:
>
> > Hi all!
> >
> > Can anyone tell me how to change the html previewer from mozilla to other
> > html previewer (lynx,...)? Feels as if I have tried all customization
> > alternatives now...  Evidently not yet. Pointers would be appreciated.
> >
> > Robert
>
> M-x customize-apropos
>
> browse-url-browser-function
>
> Dave in Largo, FL

Thanks for the suggestion, but I did not mean browsing URL:s but rather
previewing HTML documents I am currently editing.

Robert

* Re: Change html previewer?
@ 2005-09-22 19:39     ` J. David Boyd
       [not found]     ` <mailman.8121.1127418100.20277.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: J. David Boyd @ 2005-09-22 19:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

Robert Lundqvist <robelu@sm.luth.se> writes:

> On Wed, 21 Sep 2005, J. David Boyd wrote:
>
>> Robert Lundqvist <robelu@sm.luth.se> writes:
>>
>> > Hi all!
>> >
>> > Can anyone tell me how to change the html previewer from mozilla to other
>> > html previewer (lynx,...)? Feels as if I have tried all customization
>> > alternatives now...  Evidently not yet. Pointers would be appreciated.
>> >
>> > Robert
>>
>> M-x customize-apropos
>>
>> browse-url-browser-function
>>
>> Dave in Largo, FL
>>

> Thanks for the suggestion, but I did not mean browsing URL:s but rather
> previewing HTML documents I am currently editing.
>
> Robert

My turn for a question.  How do you preview in a browser when editing in emacs?

Dave

* Re: Change html previewer?
       [not found]     ` <mailman.8121.1127418100.20277.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2005-09-23  5:56       ` Mathias Dahl
From: Mathias Dahl @ 2005-09-23  5:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

david@adboyd.com (J. David Boyd) writes:

>> Thanks for the suggestion, but I did not mean browsing URL:s but rather
>> previewing HTML documents I am currently editing.
>>
>> Robert
>
> My turn for a question.  How do you preview in a browser when editing in emacs?

C-x C-f ~/foo.html RET

M-x html-mode RET

  Hello!

C-x C-s

C-c C-v

Voila!

:)

/Mathias

* Re: Change html previewer?
@ 2005-09-23  6:47         ` Robert Lundqvist
From: Robert Lundqvist @ 2005-09-23  6:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Fri, 23 Sep 2005, Mathias Dahl wrote:

> david@adboyd.com (J. David Boyd) writes:
>
> > My turn for a question.  How do you preview in a browser when editing in emacs?
>
> C-x C-f ~/foo.html RET
>
> M-x html-mode RET

>   Hello!
>
> C-x C-s
>
> C-c C-v
>
> Voila!
>
> :)
>
> /Mathias

As for Davids question, I see what you mean. What I want to do is
something like sending the HTML file to some viewer, just as I do with in
the LaTeX process where the output is sent to a dvi viewer. I would prefer
to send the HTML file to something quick and simple such as lynx.

With M-x html-preview-document, emacs responds with "Starting
previewer...", but nothing more happens. It seems as if there is some
support for this, but apparently, it doesn't work all through the
process.

Mathias' suggestion does not work for me. The C-c C-v produces a couple of
tags: <VAR></VAR>

Robert

* Re: Change html previewer?
       [not found] ` <mailman.7905.1127319624.20277.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2005-09-23  6:59 ` Robert Lundqvist
From: Robert Lundqvist @ 2005-09-23  6:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wed, 21 Sep 2005, Robert Lundqvist wrote:

> Hi all!
>
> Can anyone tell me how to change the html previewer from mozilla to other
> html previewer (lynx,...)? Feels as if I have tried all customization
> alternatives now...  Evidently not yet. Pointers would be appreciated.
>
> Robert

I could perhaps give the answer myself now... There is a command "M-x
browse-url-of-file" (or "-of-buffer") which works. With M-x customize, in
the Hypermedia group/Browse URL, I have set "Browse URL Browser Function"
to lynx. Neat and simple.

Robert

* Re: Change html previewer?
@ 2005-09-23 15:34   ` J. David Boyd
From: J. David Boyd @ 2005-09-23 15:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

Robert Lundqvist <robelu@sm.luth.se> writes:

> On Wed, 21 Sep 2005, Robert Lundqvist wrote:
>
>> Hi all!
>>
>> Can anyone tell me how to change the html previewer from mozilla to other
>> html previewer (lynx,...)? Feels as if I have tried all customization
>> alternatives now...  Evidently not yet. Pointers would be appreciated.
>>
>> Robert
>>

> I could perhaps give the answer myself now... There is a command "M-x
> browse-url-of-file" (or "-of-buffer") which works. With M-x customize, in
> the Hypermedia group/Browse URL, I have set "Browse URL Browser Function"
> to lynx. Neat and simple.
>
> Robert

Hmm, isn't that what I said?

:->