all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* CEDET
@ 2004-01-06 15:32 Kevin Dziulko
From: Kevin Dziulko @ 2004-01-06 15:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

I have GNU Emacs 21.2.1 for Windows NT.  I want to install the Java
Delelopment Environment.  I am tring to install the CEDET package because
JDE requires it.  When I type make, I get this output:

MAKE Version 5.0  Copyright (c) 1987, 1997 Borland International
Error makefile 66: Colon expected
Error makefile 96: Colon expected
Error makefile 102: Colon expected
Error makefile 107: Colon expected
Error makefile 112: Colon expected
*** 5 errors during make ***

Does anyone know what to do about this? Or an easy way to setup the JDE?

Thanks!
Kevin

* Re: CEDET
       [not found] <mailman.28.1073407051.928.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2004-01-06 17:06 ` Martin Rydstr|m
From: Martin Rydstr|m @ 2004-01-06 17:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

Kevin Dziulko <dziulko@klaatu.canisius.edu> writes:

> I have GNU Emacs 21.2.1 for Windows NT.  I want to install the Java
> Delelopment Environment.  I am tring to install the CEDET package
> because JDE requires it.  When I type make, I get this output:

> MAKE Version 5.0  Copyright (c) 1987, 1997 Borland International
> Error makefile 66: Colon expected
> Error makefile 96: Colon expected
> Error makefile 102: Colon expected
> Error makefile 107: Colon expected
> Error makefile 112: Colon expected
> *** 5 errors during make ***

> Does anyone know what to do about this? Or an easy way to setup the
> JDE?

Try using GNU make. I believe the makefile makes use of extensions
that are (only?) in GNU make.

Regards,

'mr

--
[Emacs] is written in Lisp, which is the only computer language that is
beautiful.  -- Neal Stephenson, _In the Beginning was the Command Line_

@ 2004-01-06 21:05 ` Martin Stemplinger
From: Martin Stemplinger @ 2004-01-06 21:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Die Jan 06 2004 at 16:32, Kevin Dziulko <dziulko@klaatu.canisius.edu> wrote:

> Does anyone know what to do about this? Or an easy way to setup the JDE?

The JDE website has instructions on how to install JDE under
Windows. I had no problem installing JDE following these
instructions. IIRC there's no need for make.

You may run into problems if you use the latest CEDET-distribution with
JDE.  I'd recommend using the older version of the CEDET tools,
i.e. semantic 1.4. something etc.

HTH
Martin

--
Remove NOSPAM to reply by mail

* Re: CEDET
@ 2004-01-07 13:41   ` Kevin Dziulko
From: Kevin Dziulko @ 2004-01-07 13:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, 6 Jan 2004, Martin Stemplinger wrote:

> On Die Jan 06 2004 at 16:32, Kevin Dziulko <dziulko@klaatu.canisius.edu> wrote:
>
> > Does anyone know what to do about this? Or an easy way to setup the JDE?
>
> The JDE website has instructions on how to install JDE under
> Windows. I had no problem installing JDE following these
> instructions. IIRC there's no need for make.
>
> You may run into problems if you use the latest CEDET-distribution with
> JDE.  I'd recommend using the older version of the CEDET tools,
> i.e. semantic 1.4. something etc.
>
> HTH
> Martin

Actually, I was trying to "make" the CEDET-distro, not JDE.

* Re: CEDET
@ 2010-07-13 17:16                         ` Chong Yidong
From: Chong Yidong @ 2010-07-13 17:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Leo; +Cc: emacs-devel

Leo <sdl.web@gmail.com> writes:

> I really hope CEDET (actually some of its components) can eventually
> become a new layer for writing intelligent modes for programming
> languages. Syntax highlighting through regexp is pretty dumb. In this
> respect Eclipse (the latest release) has become superior to Emacs.

This is the reason Stefan and I wanted to include CEDET in the first
place.  For various reasons, the integration has been a difficult one,
but I consider it a long-term project.