all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* global-font-lock-mode blocks manual highlight
@ 2002-12-16 14:47 Mads Lindstrøm
From: Mads Lindstrøm @ 2002-12-16 14:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi

When I set global-font-lock-mode, commands like

(add-text-properties 1850 2000 '(mouse-face
highlight))

does not highlight the text anymore.
Anybody know a way to both have global-font-lock-mode
and manual highlightning of text?

I am running Emacs 20.7.2 on a Debian GNU/Linux box.

Greetings,

Mads Lindstrøm

Beskyt din computer mod virus og misbrug! Læs mere i Yahoo! Sikkerhedscenter på www.yahoo.dk/sikkerhedscenter

* Re: global-font-lock-mode blocks manual highlight
       [not found] <mailman.249.1040050029.19936.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2002-12-17  2:30 ` Jesper Harder
From: Jesper Harder @ 2002-12-17  2:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

Mads Lindstrøm <mads_lindstroem@yahoo.dk> writes:

> When I set global-font-lock-mode, commands like
>
> (add-text-properties 1850 2000 '(mouse-face highlight))
>
> does not highlight the text anymore.  Anybody know a way to both have
> global-font-lock-mode and manual highlightning of text?
>
> I am running Emacs 20.7.2 on a Debian GNU/Linux box.

It works for me in Emacs 21.2 (I don't have a copy of 20.7 installed).

What do you get when you execute `M-x list-text-properties-at' with
point in the text that is supposed to have the property?