all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* regex  support
@ 2005-04-28 21:29 Ryan Bowman
From: Ryan Bowman @ 2005-04-28 21:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

Does emacs support the regex syntax {4} or any of it's
variants?  I'd like to match a date a la 2005-04-19,
so I'm trying (for the year part) something like
"[0-9]{4}", but unless I'm doing something wrong it
doesn't seem to be working.  Assuming it doesn't
support that, is there a better way to match an string
of digits of length 4 than "[0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9]"?

----
Ryan Bowman

While any text editor can save your files, only Emacs can save your soul. -- Per Abrahamsen

Emacs is not built by hate of vi. vi is irrelevant - it is no more than a strange punishment that the unbelievers submit themselves to. -- Matan Ninio
----

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail

[parent not found: <mailman.3375.1114724265.2895.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>]