all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Drawing mode
@ 2003-08-12 14:43 Markus Palme
From: Markus Palme @ 2003-08-12 14:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi !

A friend showd me once a mode in emacs 21 which
was really nice: you can draw ascii arts with
the mouse as in a graphical programm. How is
that mode called, I forgot it :(

Markus

* Re: Drawing mode
@ 2003-08-12 15:01 ` Jesper Harder
From: Jesper Harder @ 2003-08-12 15:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

Markus Palme <Markus.nospam.Palme@gmx.de> writes:

> A friend showd me once a mode in emacs 21 which
> was really nice: you can draw ascii arts with
> the mouse as in a graphical programm. How is
> that mode called, I forgot it :(

It's called artist-mode, `M-x artist-mode'.

* RE: Drawing mode
@ 2003-08-12 15:11 Victor Kirk
From: Victor Kirk @ 2003-08-12 15:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

> A friend showd me once a mode in emacs 21 which
> was really nice: you can draw ascii arts with
> the mouse as in a graphical programm. How is
> that mode called, I forgot it :(

artist-mode ?

Regards,

Vic
--
Victor Kirk
Analyst

* RE: Drawing mode
       [not found] <mailman.342.1060701334.29551.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2003-08-13  4:03 ` roodwriter
From: roodwriter @ 2003-08-13  4:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

Victor Kirk wrote:

>> A friend showd me once a mode in emacs 21 which
>> was really nice: you can draw ascii arts with
>> the mouse as in a graphical programm. How is
>> that mode called, I forgot it :(
>
> artist-mode ?
>
> Regards,
>
> Vic
> --
> Victor Kirk
> Analyst
> Serco Integrated Transport
> Tel: +44 (0)1287 611225
> Fax: +44 (0)1287 610360
> --
> This message, including attachments, is intended only for the use by the
> person(s) to whom it is addressed. It may contain information which is
> privileged and confidential. Copying or use by anybody else is not
> authorised. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the
> sender as soon as possible. The views expressed in this communication may
> not necessarily be the views held by Serco Integrated Transport.

It's also known as picture-mode, although artist-mode can be toggled off.

--Rod

--
Author of "Linux for Non-Geeks--Clear-eyed Answered for Practical Consumers"
and "Boring Stories from Uncle Rod." Both are available at

To reply by e-mail, take the extra "o" out of the name.

* Re: Drawing mode
@ 2003-08-13 11:44   ` Markus Palme
From: Markus Palme @ 2003-08-13 11:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

> It's called artist-mode, `M-x artist-mode'.

Thanks, that's it !

Markus