all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Using ELPA behind a proxy
@ 2007-08-31 10:11 Nordlöw
From: Nordlöw @ 2007-08-31 10:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

How do I setup ELPA (http://tromey.com/elpa/) if if I am behind a
proxy? I am using the latest CVS-version of Emacs.

Thanks in advance,
Nordlöw

* Re: Using ELPA behind a proxy
@ 2007-08-31 17:05 ` Tom Tromey
From: Tom Tromey @ 2007-08-31 17:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Nordlöw> How do I setup ELPA (http://tromey.com/elpa/) if if I am behind a
Nordlöw> proxy? I am using the latest CVS-version of Emacs.

I haven't tried it, but I suggest reading about proxies in the `url'
manual.  ELPA uses `url' when it is available, which it is in CVS
Emacs.  Maybe try:

    (setenv "http_proxy" "my.proxy.host:port")

Tom

* Re: Using ELPA behind a proxy
@ 2007-09-03  1:00   ` Xavier Maillard
From: Xavier Maillard @ 2007-09-03  1:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: tromey; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Hi Tom,

   ELPA uses `url' when it is available, which it is in CVS
   Emacs.

How do you check ? With featurep ? It none is found, how do you
revert to a default method ?

Regards,

	Xavier
--
http://www.gnu.org
http://www.april.org

* Re: Using ELPA behind a proxy
@ 2007-09-03  3:40     ` Tom Tromey
From: Tom Tromey @ 2007-09-03  3:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Xavier Maillard; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

>    ELPA uses `url' when it is available, which it is in CVS
>    Emacs.

Xavier> How do you check ? With featurep ? It none is found, how do you
Xavier> revert to a default method ?

Actually, I forgot ... the package.el *installer* uses url if
available, otherwise it uses wget.  (If wget isn't available the
installer just fails.)

package.el itself uses url; the installer will download and install
url as the first package if you are using Emacs 21.  Emacs 22 and
later include url.

Tom

* Re: Using ELPA behind a proxy
@ 2007-09-04  1:00       ` Xavier Maillard
From: Xavier Maillard @ 2007-09-04  1:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: tromey; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

   package.el itself uses url; the installer will download and install
   url as the first package if you are using Emacs 21.  Emacs 22 and
   later include url.

Sounds good. Thank you.

	Xavier
--