Chong Yidong writes: > joakim@verona.se writes: > >> This should be possible by drawing a SVG image on top of another >> image. The SVG image is XML which can be generated in a buffer within >> Emacs. > > If I understand you, you're suggesting to generate an SVG image that > contains a bitmap (the underlying image), plus a rectangle (or whatever > else), correct? This approach has the great advantage that it can be > implemented entirely in Lisp. Anyone want to give it a shot? Here's an attempt. Its hardly industrial strength, but seems to work. Test with m-x dragbox-start, enter an image file name compatible with svg, I tried png. Then set the corner coords for the box with LMB and RMB.