Daiki Ueno writes: >> BTW, what happened with your earlier `make-process' suggestion? > > I'm still willing to work on that, but just wanted to be sure that my > desired feature (additional pipes) could be implemented atop of it, So here it is. This merely adds a new function `make-process' as an alternative form of `start-process', and use it in the `start-process' implementation. No extra feature has been added by now. All tests succeeded with this, except file-notify-tests, which is failing without the patch. Reviews appreciated. Thanks, -- Daiki Ueno