all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Re: Bad behavior with C-h i m emacs
       [not found] <m3ptjyvgku.fsf@newsguy.com>
@ 2003-07-26 15:07 ` John Paul Wallington
From: John Paul Wallington @ 2003-07-26 15:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

Harry Putnam <reader@newsguy.com> wrote:

> Running:
>  GNU Emacs 21.3.50.1 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit,
>  Xaw3d scroll bars) of 2003-07-05 on test
> On Redhat Linux 9.
>
> I've installed from cvs several weeks ago and installed info files in
> the usual /usr/local/info.  I hadn't noticed this behavior until
> returning from a trip of 2wks and attempting to look up something
> about abbrev usage.
>
> Start emacs and press C-h i gives me the full menu page as usual, but
> then pressing `m emacs <RET>' causes a major stall and emacs resource
> usage goes thru the roof. ... Pegged at 99.6.

Stefan installed a fix to `Info-menu' on 2003-07-07, and there were
other changes to Info around that time.  Try updating to the latest
sources.

* Re: Bad behavior with C-h i m emacs
@ 2003-07-30  6:44   ` Harry Putnam
From: Harry Putnam @ 2003-07-30  6:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

John Paul Wallington <jpw@gnu.org> writes:

> Stefan installed a fix to `Info-menu' on 2003-07-07, and there were
> other changes to Info around that time.  Try updating to the latest
> sources.

Yup, that did it.  Using todays cvs.. the problem has disappeared.
Thanks for the pointer and thanks to Stefan.