all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* some bzr issues while maintaining my branch
@ 2012-09-11  6:57 joakim
From: joakim @ 2012-09-11  6:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

While maintaining his branch:
http://bzr.savannah.gnu.org/lh/emacs/xwidget/changes

I usually have some issues. Maybe someone knows how to avoid them?

- I get conflicts in the generated file autogen/configure. There should
  be some way to describe that I never care abut local changes for this
  file, right?

- The same thing happens with emacs-lisp/cl-loaddefs.el

- Several times nearly all files in the leim/quail dir gets deleted for
  some reason.

Any hints appreciated.

--
Joakim Verona

* Re: some bzr issues while maintaining my branch
@ 2012-09-11  7:50 ` Glenn Morris
From: Glenn Morris @ 2012-09-11  7:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: joakim; +Cc: emacs-devel

joakim@verona.se wrote:

> - I get conflicts in the generated file autogen/configure.

Simply don't change it in your branch. (You really do not need to cater
to people unwilling to install non-ancient autotools on your branch.)

> - The same thing happens with emacs-lisp/cl-loaddefs.el

Just bzr revert it as part of your build procedure.

> - Several times nearly all files in the leim/quail dir gets deleted for
>   some reason.

Sounds like a bug. Obvious guess is it gets confused about in-tree
versus out-of-tree builds. Please make a bug report.

* Re: some bzr issues while maintaining my branch
@ 2012-09-11  8:00   ` Glenn Morris
From: Glenn Morris @ 2012-09-11  8:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: joakim; +Cc: emacs-devel

PS or use admin/bzrmerge.el which was designed for this very situation.

>> - Several times nearly all files in the leim/quail dir gets deleted for
>>   some reason.

BTW, I was assuming you meant during building. If you meant during
merging between branches I have no idea and have never seen that happen.
(It sounds impossible; check ~/.bzr.log.)