all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* describe where I am in Info
@ 2003-01-10 22:16 Dan Jacobson
From: Dan Jacobson @ 2003-01-10 22:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

Say I am browsing Info in emacs and I want to describe the place I am
as best I can with one command.

Of all the bewildering Info functions and variable, which tells me not
only the current node, but what tree i am in etc.
--
http://jidanni.org/ Taiwan(04)25854780

* Re: describe where I am in Info
@ 2003-01-10 23:16 ` Alfred M. Szmidt
From: Alfred M. Szmidt @ 2003-01-10 23:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Does `Info-copy-current-node-name' do what you want?

(Info-copy-current-node-name)

Put the name of the current info node into the kill ring.
The name of the info file is prepended to the node name in parentheses.

* Re: describe where I am in Info
@ 2003-01-10 23:25 ` Jesper Harder
From: Jesper Harder @ 2003-01-10 23:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dan Jacobson <jidanni@dman.ddts.net> writes:

> Say I am browsing Info in emacs and I want to describe the place I am
> as best I can with one command.

Use `c' or the 'Info -> Copy Node Name' menu:

,----[ C-h f Info-copy-current-node-name RET ]

`----