Stefan Monnier writes: > Your patch needs a few tweaks, e.g. to adjust it to the coding > conventions: > - The docstring of window-parameters is poor. > E.g. the first line doesn't say anything. The second line is indented > in the source, which looks bad when you do C-h f window-parameters. > nil is an aliast as well, so there's no need to mention it explicitly. > - I'd prefer to have `window-parameter' rather than `window-parameters'. > - The docstring of set-window-parameter needs to start with a capital > letter and end with a "." and should mention its arguments. > Feel free to plagiarize set-frame-parameter. > - The comment for window_parameters refers to `pin' and `group'. > - See http://www.gnu.org/prep/standards/standards.html#Change-Logs for > the format to use in ChangeLogs: > - put together changes to a file. > - your changelog seems to say you've changed `DEFUN'. > - there's a missing space after colon in "(window:Added". > - And the "Added" should be "Add" of course. I will address your concerns shortly. I'm slowed down a bit because I havent got a pleasing SCM setup yet for working on different parts of the patch. I should probably have two bzr branches to work in, one for the basic winprop part, one for the pin/group feature. The Changelog entry was basically generated by the Emacs diff mode, I'll fix it. > > Thank you very much for your help. BTW, could you point me to your > latest version of the pin&group patch? > Please find it attached. Some notes: - Richard prefered some other wording than "pin" which I cant remember, but I will change that. - I lazily removed a caching of the full window list. I could presumably bring it back for the case when iterating all windows. Comments? - If I understood Klaus correctly It appears one might need some kind of "buffer group" concept when switching buffers inside a "window group". Should that be implemented in a similar way as window-properties, or at the elisp level?