all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* CVS emacs error in cus-edit.el
@ 2002-04-23  0:10 Ami Fischman
From: Ami Fischman @ 2002-04-23  0:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

Compiling an emacs out of CVS configures/makes/installs without a hitch, but
my init file gives me trouble.  Tracking things down comes down to line 2678
in lisp/cus-edit.el:
(defconst custom-face-all (widget-convert 'custom-face-all)
  "Converted version of the `custom-face-all' widget.")

Specifically, that widget-convert call returns (if I only eval:
(widget-convert 'custom-face-all)
after evaling the entire file preceding this point:

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (wrong-type-argument stringp 0)
  widget-convert(custom-face-all)
  eval((widget-convert (quote custom-face-all)))
  eval-last-sexp-1(nil)
  eval-last-sexp(nil)
  call-interactively(eval-last-sexp)
  recursive-edit()

This problem prevents me from using toggle-debug-on-error, and pretty much
anything else.

Am I doing something obviously stupid?  This is with cvs updated as of
200204221700 PDT, and with the command line:
/usr/local/emacs-cvs/bin/emacs --debug-init -q --no-site-file /usr/local/emacs/share/emacs/21.2.50/lisp/cus-edit.el

  Ami Fischman
  usenet@fischman.org

* Re: CVS emacs error in cus-edit.el
@ 2002-04-23  7:39 ` Pavel Janík
From: Pavel Janík @ 2002-04-23  7:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: gnu-emacs-bug

   From: Ami Fischman <usenet@fischman.org>
   Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 17:10:31 -0700

   > Compiling an emacs out of CVS configures/makes/installs without a hitch, but
   > my init file gives me trouble.  Tracking things down comes down to line 2678
   > in lisp/cus-edit.el:
   > (defconst custom-face-all (widget-convert 'custom-face-all)
   >   "Converted version of the `custom-face-all' widget.")
   >
   > Specifically, that widget-convert call returns (if I only eval:
   > (widget-convert 'custom-face-all)
   > after evaling the entire file preceding this point:
   >
   > Debugger entered--Lisp error: (wrong-type-argument stringp 0)
   >   widget-convert(custom-face-all)

Please report bugs via M-x report-emacs-bug. Pretest versions send bug
reports to different address.

It is already fixed in CVS. Just do cvs up.
--
Pavel Janík

In theory, practice and theory are the same, but in practice they are
different.
                  -- Larry McVoy