all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* line number of the point?
@ 2003-11-21 10:00 Miguel Frasson
From: Miguel Frasson @ 2003-11-21 10:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello

How do I discover the number of the current line (for use in a function)?
If I am running line-number-mode, is there a way to get it from there?
(some variable)?

Thanks.

Miguel.

--
Miguel Vinicius Santini Frasson
http://www.math.leidenuniv.nl/~frasson

* Re: line number of the point?
@ 2003-11-21 10:26 ` Jesper Harder
From: Jesper Harder @ 2003-11-21 10:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

Miguel Frasson <frasson@enquist.math.leidenuniv.nl> writes:

> How do I discover the number of the current line (for use in a
> function)?

The Emacs Lisp Manual has this example:

(defun current-line ()
  "Return the vertical position of point..."
  (+ (count-lines (window-start) (point))
     (if (= (current-column) 0) 1 0)
     -1))