Stefan Monnier writes: >> The attached patch fixes the situation where a function `chomp' exists >> and `electric-pair-skip-whitespace' has the value `chomp'. Since that >> specific symbol is mentioned as a special case for this variable, it >> seems that it shouldn't try to call a function named as such. > > Maybe a better option is to use the value `:chomp' instead of `chomp', > since defining a function `:chomp' should be considered an error anyway, I've attached a patch with the change as you suggested. It seems to me this change might need an entry in the NEWS file, since it changes the value of `electric-pair-skip-whitespace' from a symbol to a keyword, people might be confused that their configuration suddenly stopped working. I just had no idea how to describe this in a NEWS-friendly way. Perhaps a test should be written for this as well? If someone could suggest where to put such a test I would happily (try to) write it.