Leo writes: > Assume you have an encrypted file test.gpg and try to open it in emacs. > At the password prompt, type in an incorrect one. A blank buffer is > still opened. > > The tricky thing is if you save back the contents in that buffer > (because accidentally you think you have typed in a correct password), > the original content will be gone. > > It seems better for easypg not to open a blank buffer when password is > incorrect. Basically agree. I have worndered for a long time how to implement this, because error handling in find-file is too complex to control. One idea is to re-throw the error in find-file-not-found-functions (patch attached). I'm not sure if this approach is palatable as other basic Emacs commands. Anyway, testing would be much appreciated.