Stefan Monnier writes: >> (Fstart_process): Define as a wrapper around Fmake_process. > > Could we move this to Elisp? Thanks for the comment. I forgot that the initial patch did that. Fixed in the attached patch. >> +Omitting a keyword is always equivalent to specifying it with value >> +@code{nil}, except for @code{:coding} and @code{:connection-type}. > > Could we eliminate those two exceptions? I think `:coding' at least needs to be treated specially, because if it is omitted, other methods to determine the coding system take place (`coding-system-for-{read,write}' and `find-operation-coding-system'). This is the same behavior as `make-network-process and `make-serial-process' and maybe it is not worth breaking the consistency. `:connection-type' is there because the default value of the counterpart global variable `process-connection-type' is t (not nil). So, yes, it could be eliminated if it is given another name which means a negation, say `:nopty'. But I'm not sure if it is intuitive for users. Regards, -- Daiki Ueno