all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* eldoc-mode errors
@ 2014-05-26  3:39 Alexis
From: Alexis @ 2014-05-26  3:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Hi all,

i've actually been using trunk for several weeks now, mostly without
problems; where there have been problems, they've either:

(a) been problems with my init config, which i've then fixed; or
(b) been more general problems that are rapidly discovered
and fixed by others.

My difficulties with using `match-string` was one of two issues that
haven't seemed to fit into one of the other categories. Here's the other
one, which i've confirmed happens in the latest trunk (git commit
1d1aedd8510949fd03a0df9aafe2a8c90b90b907):

1. Run emacs -Q
2. Visit the *scratch* buffer.
3. Enable eldoc-mode (i'm using M-x eldoc-mode to do so).
4. In the buffer, type e.g.: (setq
5. Instead of documentation, the minibuffer will show "eldoc error:
(void-function nil)".

Running 24.3, the same steps will result in the text "setq: ([SYM
VAL]...)" being shown in the minibuffer.

Is this happening for anyone else?

Alexis.

* Re: eldoc-mode errors
@ 2014-05-26 15:37 ` Leo Liu
From: Leo Liu @ 2014-05-26 15:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

> 5. Instead of documentation, the minibuffer will show "eldoc error:
> (void-function nil)".

Seems to work well here.

Leo

* Re: eldoc-mode errors
@ 2014-05-27  8:19   ` Alexis
From: Alexis @ 2014-05-27  8:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Leo Liu writes:

>> 5. Instead of documentation, the minibuffer will show "eldoc error:
>> (void-function nil)".
>
> Seems to work well here.

Well, having spent a couple more hours trying to work out what might be
different on my system, i gave up, deleted the entire 'emacs' directory,
re-cloned the repo again, and re-built everything - that fixed the
problem. :-)

Alexis.