all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Re: How can I activate cc-mode package
       [not found] <mailman.3502.1097917140.2017.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2004-10-16 14:52 ` Yoni Rabkin Katzenell
From: Yoni Rabkin Katzenell @ 2004-10-16 14:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Sauro Cesaretti" <sauro@all4linux.net> writes:

> Hi
> I need to enable the cc-mode packages in the emacs environment.
> Besides I would know how can I use this packages and where can I find the documentation about it.
> Many thanks for all
> Yours sincerely

Opening a file that ends with .c will load cc-mode. For further
information try M-x info.

	Regards, Yoni Rabkin Katzenell

@ 2004-10-16 19:52 ` Alan Mackenzie
From: Alan Mackenzie @ 2004-10-16 19:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

Sauro Cesaretti <sauro@all4linux.net> wrote on Sat, 16 Oct 2004 10:51:17
+0200:

That would be better turned off.  Same signal, less noise.

> Hi
> I need to enable the cc-mode packages in the emacs environment.
> Besides I would know how can I use this packages and where can I find =
> the documentation about it.

Simply loading a C, C++, Objective-C, Java, IDL (that's "Interface
Description Language" from CORBA), Pike or AWK file will use CC Mode.

CC Mode has it's own manual, although there is also a short summary in
the main Emacs manual.  To get the CC Mode manual, do "C-h i" to get you
to info, then "m CC Mode<CR>".

Enjoy!

--
Alan Mackenzie (Munich, Germany)