all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* ps-pring questions
@ 2007-03-01 23:17 thorne
From: thorne @ 2007-03-01 23:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hello.  I am looking into trying to use the functionality in
`ps-print.el' to do things perhaps it was not really meant for (but
maybe it was; what do i know?) and wondering if anyone has any insight
about a couple-three questions.

1.  Is there a way (in Emacs lisp) to set not just the font family,
but the font style (bold, etc) of header lines?  It seems to be
defaulting to bold, but looking at the code, i haven't figured out
where it's getting this.

2.  Related: is there a way to get ps-print to use a different font
style default for the whole document?  My .emacs has a cusomize line
that sets the default font style to semi-bold for all buffers so i can
see it, but i'd rather ps-print treated the default as regular,
non-bold.  Any idea how to do this?  Can default font properties be
set in a buffer-local way?

3.  Is there a way to get ps-print to suppress the header for the
first page of the output only?

Thanks!

--
þ    theron tlax    þ

* Re: ps-pring questions
@ 2007-03-02  2:30 ` thorne
From: thorne @ 2007-03-02  2:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

thorne <thorne@timbral.net> writes:

> 1.  Is there a way (in Emacs lisp) to set not just the font family,
> but the font style (bold, etc) of header lines?  It seems to be
> defaulting to bold, but looking at the code, i haven't figured out
> where it's getting this.
>
> 2.  Related: is there a way to get ps-print to use a different font
> style default for the whole document?  My .emacs has a customize line
> that sets the default font style to semi-bold for all buffers so i can
> see it, but i'd rather ps-print treated the default as regular,
> non-bold.  Any idea how to do this?  Can default font properties be
> set in a buffer-local way?

Well, i figured out an answer for the first two questions, at least
for my purposes.  Use font family 'Foo for everything and do something
like:

(setq ps-font-info-database
      (append
       '((Foo
	  (fonts
	   (normal . "Courier")
	   (bold . "Courier")
	   (italic . "Courier")
	   (bold-italic . "Courier"))
	  (size . 10.0)
	  (line-height . 10.55)
	  (space-width . 6.0)
	  (avg-char-width . 6.0)))
       ps-font-info-database))

But i'm still working on:

> 3.  Is there a way to get ps-print to suppress the header for the
> first page of the output only?

and a new one:

4.  I have figured out how to get a page number with
"/pagenumberstring load" in the header, but lets say i wanted the line
to look like "Page 4"?  If it try something like

(set (make-local-variable 'ps-right-header)
     (list "(Page ) /pagenumberstring load"))

gv gives me a postscript error and won't load the file.  Any ideas how
i could accomplish this?

--
þ    theron tlax    þ