all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Using autoconf to release elisp package
@ 2004-10-10 14:26 Alexandre Russel
From: Alexandre Russel @ 2004-10-10 14:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

I manage to learn how to use autoconf with C code. I write the code
with main function hello.cpp and create 2 files Makefile.am and
configure.in such as:
----Makefile.am---start----
bin_PROGRAMS = hello
hello_SOURCES = hello.cpp helloworld.cpp hello.h
----Makefile.am---end------
and
----configure.in---start----
AC_INIT(hello.cpp)
AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE(hello,0.1)
AC_PROG_CXX
AC_PROG_INSTALL
AC_OUTPUT(Makefile)
----configure.in---end0-----
and then run:
aclocal
autoconf
automake -a

I would like to be able to do the same thing with elisp. Say I have
2 elisp files(hello.el , world.el) and 1 texinfo file(hello.texi)
how can I create configure.in and Makefile.am so it would be as
easy as typing ./configure and make for a potential user.
I went as far as writing:
----Makefile.am--start----
bin_PROGRAMS = try
dist_lisp_LISP = try.el
TEXINFOS = try.el
----Makefile.am--end----
and
----configure--start----
AC_INIT(try.el)
AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE(try,0.1)
AM_PATH_LISPDIR
AC_PROG_INSTALL
AC_OUTPUT(Makefile)
----configure.in--end----

But it doesn't work yet.Any link to tutorial or tips on how to make elisp package very
welcome.
Cheers,
alex

* Re: Using autoconf to release elisp package
@ 2004-10-10 19:36 ` Xavier Maillard
From: Xavier Maillard @ 2004-10-10 19:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 10 oct 2004, Alexandre Russel wrote:

> But it doesn't work yet.Any link to tutorial or tips on how to
> make elisp package very welcome. Cheers, alex

You should try to go in the gnus CVS directory. I think you can
get informations on how they do this.
--
Xavier MAILLARD (GnuPG: 1024D/1E028EA5)
EmacsOS user (http://emacsfr.org)

* Re: Using autoconf to release elisp package
@ 2004-10-10 20:15 ` Jesper Harder
From: Jesper Harder @ 2004-10-10 20:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Alexandre Russel" <scandrou@hpo.net> writes:

> Any link to tutorial or tips on how to make elisp package very
> welcome.

You're right that documentation for using autoconf for non-C projects
is rather inadequate.  This is what I came up with:

,----[ Makefile.am ]
`----

,----[ configure.in ]
`----