RMS wrote, several months ago, about my json.el: > If a lot of people start wanting this facility, then it would be good > to include it in Emacs. Please let me know if that happens. I know of several libraries/tools which use json.el, including augment.el, a facebook api client, rcov.el, and at least one twitter api client. Additionally, I know of at least one library, twit.el, whose author avoided using json.el solely because it isn't included in Emacs. From twit.el's commentary: > This uses Twitter's XML-based api, not the JSON one because i would > like to avoid making the user install third-party libraries to use it. I'm not sure if this counts as "a lot," but I would be quite happy to include json.el with Emacs if you'd like it. I believe I have the relevant papers on file. I've attached the latest version for your perusal.