Nicolas Petton writes: > Hi, > > I've seen that in simple.el indentation is inconsistent, sometimes using > spaces only and sometimes tabs and spaces. Some files seem to have more > consistent indenting using tabs and spaces, though some other files use > only spaces. > > I thought that the convention was to use the tabs + spaces style, was I > wrong? I'm pretty sure this is documented somewhere, but I couldn't > find it. From .dir-locals.el: (emacs-lisp-mode . ((indent-tabs-mode . nil) (electric-quote-comment . nil) (electric-quote-string . nil))) (I couldn't find this documented either). Robert