The functions make-process and make-network-process have many keyword arguments and it's somewhat easy to misspell some of them. E.g. using :coding-system instead of :coding. These functions don't detect such mistakes at runtime. What would people think about adding some checks as a compiler macro as with the patch below? I didn't know where to put this, so I just left it in bytecomp.el. Perhaps the advertised-calling-convention declaration could do this, but since keyword arguments seem to be generally discouraged, a special case for make-process and make-network-process maybe simpler. Helmut