all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Re: replace C-<SPC>
@ 2002-08-31 11:04 ` Zhongtao Zhu
From: Zhongtao Zhu @ 2002-08-31 11:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

Wu XiaoGuang <woohsiaokuang@yahoo.com.cn> writes:

> Hi, all:
>
>   In emacs, when I press C-<SPC>, Chinput (popular Chinese input
>   program) will start. So I can't "set-mark-command" with C-<SPC>.
>
>   C-@ is for "mark-word", it is not very convenient.
>   So how can I solve it?
>
>   Thank you.

It is practical to map the "set-mark-command" to a function key, e.g.,

        (global-set-key (quote [f4]) (quote set-mark-command))

If you want to use Emacs as it behaves natively, another solution is
to change the hot key of Chinput's. (Sorry, I haven't any idea about
it because I don't use Chinput.)

Hope this message helps.
--
Zhongtao Zhu                          Tel: +86 10 6278 2266
Department of Computer, Tsinghua University, Beijing, China

* replace C-<SPC>
@ 2002-08-31 17:02 Wu XiaoGuang
From: Wu XiaoGuang @ 2002-08-31 17:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 2002-09-01  9:30 Wu XiaoGuang
From: Wu XiaoGuang @ 2002-09-01  9:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 2002-09-01 18:33 ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2002-09-01 18:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

Wu XiaoGuang <woohsiaokuang@yahoo.com.cn> writes:

>   In emacs, when I press C-<SPC>, Chinput (popular Chinese input program) will start. So I can't "set-mark-command" with C-<SPC>.
>   C-@ is for "mark-word", it is not very convenient.

Actually M-@ is mark-word, C-@ is set-mark-command.

You can choose any key you like for set-mark-command, for example
M-SPC:

(global-set-key (kbd "M-SPC") 'set-mark-command)

kai