all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Retrieve dormant articles
@ 2006-12-28  0:58 Leo
From: Leo @ 2006-12-28  0:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all,

Is there an easy way to show all dormant articles in a group? What I
do now is to enter the group with all articles in it and use /D. This
is very painful for high volume group. TIA.

* Re: Retrieve dormant articles
@ 2006-12-29 16:32 ` Leo
From: Leo @ 2006-12-29 16:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

* Leo (2006-12-28 00:58 +0000) said:
  ^^^
> Hi all,
>
> Is there an easy way to show all dormant articles in a group? What I
> do now is to enter the group with all articles in it and use /D. This
> is very painful for high volume group. TIA.

Any ideas? Thank you.

* Re: Retrieve dormant articles
@ 2006-12-29 18:20 ` Reiner Steib
From: Reiner Steib @ 2006-12-29 18:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

,----[ (info "(gnus)Summary Generation Commands") ]
| `Y d'
|      Pull all dormant articles (for the current group) into the summary
|      buffer (`gnus-summary-insert-dormant-articles').
`----

I found this with a simple index search in the manual:
`C-h i d m gnus RET i dormant RET , ,'.

Bye, Reiner.

P.S.: Gnus questions are more suitable on gmane.emacs.gnus.user
      = gnu.emacs.gnus = info-gnus-english<at>gnu.org
--
       ,,,
      (o o)

* Re: Retrieve dormant articles
@ 2006-12-29 18:56   ` Leo
From: Leo @ 2006-12-29 18:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

* Reiner Steib (2006-12-29 19:20 +0100) said:
  ^^^^^^^^^^^^
> On Thu, Dec 28 2006, Leo wrote:
>
>> Is there an easy way to show all dormant articles in a group? What I
>> do now is to enter the group with all articles in it and use /D. This
>> is very painful for high volume group. TIA.
>
> ,----[ (info "(gnus)Summary Generation Commands") ]
> | `Y d'
> |      Pull all dormant articles (for the current group) into the summary
> |      buffer (`gnus-summary-insert-dormant-articles').
> `----

Thank you. Exactly what I am looking for.

> I found this with a simple index search in the manual:
> `C-h i d m gnus RET i dormant RET , ,'.

Before I asked here, I did `C-h i d m gnus RET i dorm<TAB>' but there
is no match. That gave me a wrong impression it is not in the info.