all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* "Package sc is obsolete" ?
@ 2003-08-26  2:59 Wang Chunyu
From: Wang Chunyu @ 2003-08-26  2:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

In ~/.emacs
(require 'sc)
There is a message "Package sc is obsolete".

What does this mean? Is supercite obsolete? then what's the substitute?

Thanks.

--
Harbin Institute of Technology, China.
Wang Chunyu <dddkk@sina.com>.

* Re: "Package sc is obsolete" ?
@ 2003-08-26 12:34 ` Henrik Enberg
From: Henrik Enberg @ 2003-08-26 12:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

Wang Chunyu <dddkk@sina.com> writes:

> In ~/.emacs
> (require 'sc)
> There is a message "Package sc is obsolete".
>
> What does this mean? Is supercite obsolete? then what's the substitute?

Use (require 'supercite) instead.  sc is the old name.

* Re: "Package sc is obsolete" ?
@ 2003-08-27  4:46   ` Wang Chunyu
       [not found]   ` <mailman.1121.1061996805.29551.bug-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Wang Chunyu @ 2003-08-27  4:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

Henrik> Use (require 'supercite) instead.  sc is the old name.

Thanks.

--

@ 2003-08-27 15:06   ` Kevin Rodgers
       [not found]   ` <mailman.1121.1061996805.29551.bug-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Kevin Rodgers @ 2003-08-27 15:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

Henrik Enberg wrote:

> Wang Chunyu <dddkk@sina.com> writes:
>>In ~/.emacs
>>(require 'sc)
>>There is a message "Package sc is obsolete".
>>
>>What does this mean? Is supercite obsolete? then what's the substitute?
>>

> Use (require 'supercite) instead.  sc is the old name.

Perhaps the message should mention that, but I can't find the relevant function.

--
Kevin Rodgers

* Re: "Package sc is obsolete" ?
       [not found]   ` <mailman.1121.1061996805.29551.bug-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2003-08-28  1:38     ` Wang Chunyu
       [not found]     ` <mailman.1163.1062034981.29551.bug-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Wang Chunyu @ 2003-08-28  1:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

>>> What does this mean? Is supercite obsolete? then what's the
>>> substitute?
>>  Use (require 'supercite) instead.  sc is the old name.

Kevin> Perhaps the message should mention that, but I can't find the
Kevin> relevant function.

 EMACSDIR/src/lread.c line:950 ?

--

@ 2003-08-28 16:12       ` Kevin Rodgers
From: Kevin Rodgers @ 2003-08-28 16:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

Wang Chunyu wrote:

>>> Use (require 'supercite) instead.  sc is the old name.
>>>

> Kevin> Perhaps the message should mention that, but I can't find the
> Kevin> relevant function.
>
>  EMACSDIR/src/lread.c line:950 ?

Since this is gnu-emacs-bug@gnu.org and not emacs-pretest-bug@gnu.org,

I assumed we were talking about version 21.3.

--
Kevin Rodgers