all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Mode-local Defining keys for modes that are missing mode-local  key-maps
@ 2008-10-17 11:27 Nordlöw
From: Nordlöw @ 2008-10-17 11:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

I am looking for a way to replace this little snippet in pnw-uni-
complete.el

  (global-unset-key [(tab)])
  (define-prefix-command 'uni-complete-map nil "Complete")

  (define-key uni-complete-map [(tab)] 'pnw/uni-complete-or-
indent) ;Note: Easiest to press: My Unified version.
  (define-key uni-complete-map [(i)] 'indent-for-tab-command) ;Indent
  (define-key uni-complete-map [(w)] 'fixup-whitespace)   ;in-Code
Indentation

  (define-key makefile-mode-map [(tab)] 'uni-complete-map)
  ;;(define-key autoconf-mode-map [(tab)] 'uni-complete-map)
  (define-key lisp-mode-map [(tab)] 'uni-complete-map)

with a way that also works for modes that doesn't provide an own local
key-map, for example autoconf-mode.el.

Is there such a way or is it easier patch these modes that are missing
it?

/Nordöw

* Re: Mode-local Defining keys for modes that are missing mode-local key-maps
@ 2008-10-17 13:28 ` Peter Dyballa
       [not found] ` <mailman.1350.1224256431.25473.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Peter Dyballa @ 2008-10-17 13:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nordlöw; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Am 17.10.2008 um 13:27 schrieb Nordlöw:

> Is there such a way or is it easier patch these modes that are missing
> it?

Couldn't a hook be a way to achieve what you want?

--
Greetings

   Pete

With Capitalism man exploits man. With communism it's the exact
opposite.

* Re: Mode-local Defining keys for modes that are missing mode-local key-maps
@ 2008-10-17 15:13 ` Nikolaj Schumacher
       [not found] ` <mailman.1350.1224256431.25473.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Nikolaj Schumacher @ 2008-10-17 15:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nordlöw; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Nordlöw <per.nordlow@gmail.com> wrote:

> with a way that also works for modes that doesn't provide an own local
> key-map, for example autoconf-mode.el.

There is `autoconf-mode-map'...

> Is there such a way or is it easier patch these modes that are missing
> it?

Either way it should be reported as a bug.

regards,
Nikolaj Schumacher

@ 2008-10-17 16:10   ` Nordlöw
From: Nordlöw @ 2008-10-17 16:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

On 17 Okt, 17:13, Nikolaj Schumacher <m...@nschum.de> wrote:
> Nordlöw <per.nord...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > with a way that also works for modes that doesn't provide an own local
> > key-map, for example autoconf-mode.el.
>
> There is `autoconf-mode-map'...
>
> > Is there such a way or is it easier patch these modes that are missing
> > it?
>
> Either way it should be reported as a bug.
>
> regards,
> Nikolaj Schumacher

My mistake.

Sorry,