all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* How to increase the depth of the scan in imenu and speecbar?
@ 2015-03-27 12:38 Rainer M Krug
From: Rainer M Krug @ 2015-03-27 12:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hi

I started using imenu and speedbar, anr=d I like them, but I would like
to have not only a second level, but up to e.g. 6th level. Where can I
set these options? I did not find anything.

I am particularly talking about orgmode files and their headers, which
are only shown up to level 2.

Cheers,

Rainer

--
Rainer M. Krug
email: Rainer<at>krugs<dot>de

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* [Solved]: How to increase the depth of the scan in imenu and speecbar?
@ 2015-03-27 13:12 ` Rainer M Krug
From: Rainer M Krug @ 2015-03-27 13:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Rainer M Krug <Rainer@krugs.de> writes:

> Hi
>
> I started using imenu and speedbar, anr=d I like them, but I would like
> to have not only a second level, but up to e.g. 6th level. Where can I
> set these options? I did not find anything.
>
> I am particularly talking about orgmode files and their headers, which
> are only shown up to level 2.

Found it: for org files this is defined in org0imenu-depth:
  (setq org-imenu-depth 6)

Cheers,

Rainer

--
Rainer M. Krug
email: Rainer<at>krugs<dot>de

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* RE: How to increase the depth of the scan in imenu and speecbar?
@ 2015-03-27 14:12 ` Drew Adams
From: Drew Adams @ 2015-03-27 14:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rainer M Krug, help-gnu-emacs

> I started using imenu and speedbar, anr=d I like them, but I would like
> to have not only a second level, but up to e.g. 6th level. Where can I
> set these options? I did not find anything.
>
> I am particularly talking about orgmode files and their headers, which
> are only shown up to level 2.

See `C-h v imenu-generic-expression'.  I don't think you can have more
than two levels.  Each element of the list must be a list of the form
(MENU-TITLE REGEXP INDEX [FUNCTION] [ARGUMENTS...]).

You can at least have more submenus (i.e. level 2), to break things
down more.  IOW, instead of trying to have, say, this:

MyMenu
  Variables

You can just use this:

MyMenu
  Non-Option Variables

Remember that the regexps are tried in order. So putting Options
(every option is a variable) before Non-Option Variables lets
you use a more general regexp for the latter.

That's at least better than just MyMenu > Variables, i.e., it at
least lets you separate the two kinds of variables.

Taking a look at library `imenu+.el' might help in this regard.
http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/download/imenu%2b.el

* RE: How to increase the depth of the scan in imenu and speecbar?
@ 2015-03-27 14:21   ` Drew Adams
From: Drew Adams @ 2015-03-27 14:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rainer M Krug, help-gnu-emacs

> I don't think you can have more than two levels.

My bad.  Too early, no coffee yet. ;-)
See `imenu--index-alist' and `imenu--subalist-p'.

* Re: How to increase the depth of the scan in imenu and speecbar?
@ 2015-03-27 14:55     ` Rainer M Krug
From: Rainer M Krug @ 2015-03-27 14:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Drew Adams; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs