all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Re: [Emacs-diffs] emacs-25 f234cf2: Merge branch 'master' into emacs-25
       [not found] ` <E1ZxYij-0004df-45@vcs.savannah.gnu.org>
@ 2015-11-14 18:20   ` John Wiegley
From: John Wiegley @ 2015-11-14 18:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dmitry Gutov; +Cc: Emacs Development

>     Merge branch 'master' into emacs-25

Hi Dmitry,

Since we are beyond the freeze, we no longer wish to merge from master into
the release branch.

Further, master contained a change that I requested the author to revert
(Juri's change relating to multiple regions). So I definitely do not want this
in the release branch.

Therefore, I think we should revert this merge, and cherry-pick those commits
within it that are bug fixes against 25.1.

John

* Re: [Emacs-diffs] emacs-25 f234cf2: Merge branch 'master' into emacs-25
@ 2015-11-14 18:33     ` Dmitry Gutov
From: Dmitry Gutov @ 2015-11-14 18:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Emacs Development

Hi John,

On 11/14/2015 08:20 PM, John Wiegley wrote:

> Since we are beyond the freeze, we no longer wish to merge from master into
> the release branch.

Juri's commit came before the feature freeze time, and the last comment
in the relevant bug report still states as such:

> Further, master contained a change that I requested the author to revert
> (Juri's change relating to multiple regions). So I definitely do not want this
> in the release branch.

I'm assuming that request was made over personal email. I made the
merge, because it seemed good from my side, and because we agreed that
my two subsequent commits will be included into emacs-25.

> Therefore, I think we should revert this merge, and cherry-pick those commits
> within it that are bug fixes against 25.1.

Sure, please do as you see fit. Also note that instead of reverting the
merge, you should be able to simply revert Juri's commit in emacs-25,
and mark the revert commit with "Do not merge to master" in the commit
message.

I hope that the phrasing here, "that are bug fixes", is not a reversal
of our private agreement.