Hello Stefan, On 2016-11-10 15:35, Stefan Monnier writes: >> (let ((completion (try-completion beforepoint table pred))) >> (if (not (stringp completion)) >> completion > > This case is for when `completion` is t (when means that `beforepoint` > is a valid candidate and there is no further completion possible). I see. >> I would like to fix org-contacts so that it works well all the time. >> Should it directly return a cons of the string and its length? > > No, returning such a cons would be a bug and I'm pretty sure it would > break the default completion code at least. OK, but I do not know how to proceed then. Is it correct to register as a completion something that returns a string? Because it is what org-contacts does, but although it works with the default completion code, it breaks ivy or helm style completions. I'm trying to understand if the bug lies within org-contacts or within iyv/helm. Thanks, Alan -- OpenPGP Key ID : 040D0A3B4ED2E5C7 Monthly Athmospheric CO₂, Mauna Loa Obs. 2016-10: 401.57, 2015-10: 398.29