all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* emacs-w3m save html
@ 2002-09-20  0:55 mr.sparkle
From: mr.sparkle @ 2002-09-20  0:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

hello!
I just started using emacs-w3m (1.3.2) and I love it! However,I can't figure
out a straightforward way to save web pages as html. The way I do it
now is press \ to get the source and then save the buffer. When I
save the buffer with an .html extension, w3m closes and I get dropped
into an html editing buffer, which is not the behavior I want. So I
have to save the buffer without the .html extension and go back later
and rename it, which is a bit of a pain. I've read the manual, and
esc-s works in w3m, but not emacs-w3m. Is there an equivalent for
esc-s in emacs-w3m?
thanks!
emacs version 21.2.1

* Re: emacs-w3m save html
@ 2002-09-20  8:55 ` Eric Marsden
From: Eric Marsden @ 2002-09-20  8:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

  sp> I just started using emacs-w3m (1.3.2) and I love it! However,I
  sp> can't figure out a straightforward way to save web pages as
  sp> html. The way I do it now is press \ to get the source and then
  sp> save the buffer. When I save the buffer with an .html extension,
  sp> w3m closes and I get dropped into an html editing buffer, which
  sp> is not the behavior I want.

I don't know how to do this directly from emacs-w3m, but once you're
in the buffer with the file source, you can say

   C-x h M-x write-region RET filename

to avoid losing the *w3m* buffer.

--
Eric Marsden                          <URL:http://www.laas.fr/~emarsden/>

* Re: emacs-w3m save html
@ 2002-09-21 21:47   ` mr.sparkle
From: mr.sparkle @ 2002-09-21 21:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Fri, 20 Sep 2002, emarsden@laas.fr wrote:

>   sp> I just started using emacs-w3m (1.3.2) and I love it!
>   sp> However,I can't figure out a straightforward way to save web
>   sp> pages as html. The way I do it now is press \ to get the
>   sp> source and then save the buffer. When I save the buffer with
>   sp> an .html extension, w3m closes and I get dropped into an html
>   sp> editing buffer, which is not the behavior I want.
>
> I don't know how to do this directly from emacs-w3m, but once you're
> in the buffer with the file source, you can say
>
>    C-x h M-x write-region RET filename
>
> to avoid losing the *w3m* buffer.

Thanks! That's much better than what I was doing, although it would be
nice to have a save-source command in emacs-w3m, since it's such a
basic action.