On 2014-12-01 11:59, chad writes: >> Is there an option similar to `w32-grab-focus-on-raise-frame' on the OS >> X version of emacs? I searched for it but could not find anything. > > To the best of my knowledge, this functionality is not supported > by the OS at all, and can't be done via Emacs. It's bigger half of > the reason that I stopped using a dedicated minibuffer frame (the > lesser half being that I started using full-screen frames). > > Sorry I couldn't be more help. I'd love to find out that I'm wrong. Thank you for your reply. I've settled for the moment on not raising the minibuffer at all, which works great as long as it's not obscured. I was also using full-screen frames, but as I'm experimenting with the multiple frames approach, I more clearly see the advantages of both. Which is quite frustrating in a way ;) Alan -- OpenPGP Key ID : 040D0A3B4ED2E5C7