I would like to propose loading nadvice before seq in loadup.el, for the following reason: If a seq.elc exists, and we dump bootstrap-emacs.pdmp, and seq.el gets loaded, then the cl-generic machinery will want to warn about the fact that certain method stuff in seq.elc is already compiled. This warning wants to use somethign from nadvice, and ultimately a recursive load (warnings.el requires icons.el, which uses seq, which leads to a warning, etc). I'm attaching an example log (I guess one could get more prodictable behaviour if bootstrap-emacs.pdmp would load only sources.)