all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Changing Terminal (-nw) Base Colors
@ 2013-01-21 17:53 Burton Samograd
From: Burton Samograd @ 2013-01-21 17:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hello,

When I run emacs in -nw mode on a black (-rv) terminal, some of the
default text colors are very difficult to read, mostly in the blue
range.  In certain cases I can modify a the individual color value, such
as in the eshell prompt, but I would like to perform a global
modification of the 'dark blue' color to be, say, bright yellow.

I build emacs from sources so if this has to be done in the C sources I
am fine with that.  I've tried (briefly) looking for a table mapping these
colors to curses colors but have had no luck.  Of course, doing the
remapping from elisp would be even better.

I've heard of but never used 'color themes' for emacs.  Would these
help solve this problem?

--
Burton Samograd