Hello Thorsten, On 2014-07-17 04:02, Thorsten Jolitz writes: >> Are you sure this error happens in the same kind of buffers where you've >> pressed `C-h v company-backends RET' and saw the value without >> `company-capf'? > > no, it seemed to happen 'randomly'. I happened e.g. in emacs-lisp-mode > but not in the scratch-buffer, that gives me at least a hint when > looking at the activated minor-modes. I'm seeing the same issue than you (company-mode is not active in emacs-lisp buffers), and I've discovered that it's because outline-minor-mode is active (which I need for outshine). I'm thus wondering if you observed the same thing, and if you found a workaround. Best, Alan -- OpenPGP Key ID : 040D0A3B4ED2E5C7