all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Re: [h-e-w] CVS build and subdirs.el problem
       [not found] ` <u3cnbvdks.fsf@nasa.gov>
@ 2003-01-29 23:05   ` Jason Rumney
From: Jason Rumney @ 2003-01-29 23:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-devel

Stephen Leake <Stephen.A.Leake@nasa.gov> writes:

> "Phil Rooke" <phil.rooke@yax.org.uk> writes:
>
> > I'm trying to avoid all the overhead of figuring out a complete
> > cygwin environment and so I am using [MingW32]:
>
> Huh? Just download "setup.exe", run it, select "base", "devel",
> "cygutils". All done.
>
> > process_begin: CreateProcess((null), cygpath D:/emacs/lisp, ...) failed.
>
> cygpath is a cygwin utilitiy (hence the "cygutils" above :).

I don't know who added the cygpath kludge to the W32 makefiles, but
breaking the mingw32 build in order to get the broken Cygwin ports of
make to work is a serious bug. I will remove the cygpath calls from
the makefiles. If someone can find a way to add them without breaking
the mingw32 build, then feel free to install that.

* Re: [h-e-w] CVS build and subdirs.el problem
@ 2003-01-30 22:46     ` Phil Rooke
From: Phil Rooke @ 2003-01-30 22:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-devel

> I don't know who added the cygpath kludge to the W32 makefiles, but
> breaking the mingw32 build in order to get the broken Cygwin ports of
> make to work is a serious bug. I will remove the cygpath calls from
> the makefiles.

Thank you.  After updating my copy of the cvs sources that cygpath error
has now gone.  However, the build still fails at the same place as follows:

gmake[1]: Entering directory `D:/emacs/lisp'
echo ;; -*- no-byte-compile: t -*->subdirs.el
echo ;; In load-path, after this directory should come>> subdirs.el
echo ;; certain of its subdirectories.  Here we specify them.>> subdirs.el
echo (normal-top-level-add-to-load-path '(>> subdirs.el
d) was unexpected at this time.
gmake[1]: *** [update-subdirs-CMD] Error 255
gmake[1]: Leaving directory `D:/emacs/lisp'
gmake: *** [bootstrap-gmake] Error 2

Any other ideas?

Many thanks,

Phil