all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Adding an entry to a user option
@ 2009-03-05 18:37 Stefan Boeters
From: Stefan Boeters @ 2009-03-05 18:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

I'm new to Emacs -- and this might be a very basic question. But I've
invested some time searching in the FAQ, in the Emacs Wiki and in this
group, but could not find an answer.

I want to discard a warning, that often pops up and which is not
relevant in my situation. The warning self says how to proceed, in
priciple, in this case:

"You can disable the popping up of this buffer by adding the entry
(undo discard-info) to the user option `warning-suppress-types'."

But how can I achieve this? How do I "add an entry to a user option"?
Can someone suggest a piece of code to be added to the _emacs file?

I would also appreciate to pointed to some documentation where this is
described and which has (obviously) escaped me so far.

Den Haag, Netherlands

* Re: Adding an entry to a user option
@ 2009-03-07 18:56 martin rudalics
From: martin rudalics @ 2009-03-07 18:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: st.boeters; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

 > I want to discard a warning, that often pops up and which is not
 > relevant in my situation. The warning self says how to proceed, in
 > priciple, in this case:
 >
 > "You can disable the popping up of this buffer by adding the entry
 > (undo discard-info) to the user option `warning-suppress-types'."
 >
 > But how can I achieve this? How do I "add an entry to a user option"?
 > Can someone suggest a piece of code to be added to the _emacs file?
 >
 > I would also appreciate to pointed to some documentation where this is
 > described and which has (obviously) escaped me so far.

Please write a bug report so Emacs developers will take care of this.

Meanwhile you can try to add an entry like

  '(warning-suppress-types (quote ((undo discard-info)))))

to your customizations which usually reside in your .emacs (or _emacs)
file.  That is, if so far you have customized `debug-on-error' and
`yank-excluded-properties' only, your .emacs should then contain the
following form:

(custom-set-variables
   ;; custom-set-variables was added by Custom.
  '(debug-on-error t)
  '(warning-suppress-types (quote ((undo discard-info))))
  '(yank-excluded-properties t))

Restart Emacs and tell us whether it works.

Thanks, martin.

[parent not found: <mailman.2654.1236452395.31690.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>]