all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Wrong file locations in nextstep/Cocoa/Emacs.xcodeproj
@ 2011-10-16 11:37 CHENG Gao
From: CHENG Gao @ 2011-10-16 11:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Just found out some errors in nextstep/Cocoa/Emacs.xcodeproj file.

File        Referenced Dir      Actual Dir
md5.h       src/                lib/
point.h     src/                does not exist in Bzr souce
strftime.c  src/                lib/
md5.c       src/                lib/
filemode.c  src/                lib/

And while README file states Macs OS X supported is 10.4 and up, the
AppKit Framework points to 10.3.9.

* Re: Wrong file locations in nextstep/Cocoa/Emacs.xcodeproj
@ 2011-10-17 14:47 ` Chong Yidong
From: Chong Yidong @ 2011-10-17 14:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: CHENG Gao; +Cc: emacs-devel

CHENG Gao <chenggao@royau.me> writes:

> Just found out some errors in nextstep/Cocoa/Emacs.xcodeproj file.
>
> File        Referenced Dir      Actual Dir
> md5.h       src/                lib/
> point.h     src/                does not exist in Bzr souce
> strftime.c  src/                lib/
> md5.c       src/                lib/
> filemode.c  src/                lib/

Is this file autogenerated or hand-written?  (I have no idea what it
does.)

* Re: Wrong file locations in nextstep/Cocoa/Emacs.xcodeproj
@ 2011-10-17 15:26   ` CHENG Gao
From: CHENG Gao @ 2011-10-17 15:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

*On Mon, 17 Oct 2011 10:47:34 -0400
* Also sprach Chong Yidong <cyd@gnu.org>:

> CHENG Gao <chenggao@royau.me> writes:
>
>> Just found out some errors in nextstep/Cocoa/Emacs.xcodeproj file.
>> File Referenced Dir Actual Dir md5.h src/ lib/ point.h src/ does not
>> exist in Bzr souce strftime.c src/ lib/ md5.c src/ lib/ filemode.c
>> src/ lib/
>
> Is this file autogenerated or hand-written? (I have no idea what it
> does.)

Created with Xcode (Apple IDE).
These files need be removed/re-added to generate a new xcodeproj file.

Wrong AppKit framework may not be a problem since I think users can/must
adjust AppKit framework. In new Mac OSX versions old frameworks could be
removed while upgrading Xcode (though users can choose to make new Xcode
coexist with old one(s?) ).

This may not bother users like me since I guess most build from command
line instead of Xcode. But anyway errors are errors. I happen to find
them so I think I should  report them.

* Re: Wrong file locations in nextstep/Cocoa/Emacs.xcodeproj
@ 2011-10-17 15:56   ` Jan Djärv
From: Jan Djärv @ 2011-10-17 15:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Chong Yidong; +Cc: emacs-devel, CHENG Gao

Hello.

Chong Yidong skrev 2011-10-17 16:47:
> CHENG Gao<chenggao@royau.me>  writes:
>
>> Just found out some errors in nextstep/Cocoa/Emacs.xcodeproj file.
>>
>> File        Referenced Dir      Actual Dir
>> md5.h       src/                lib/
>> point.h     src/                does not exist in Bzr souce
>> strftime.c  src/                lib/
>> md5.c       src/                lib/
>> filemode.c  src/                lib/
>
> Is this file autogenerated or hand-written?  (I have no idea what it
> does.)

It is the definition file for Apples XCode IDE.  I didn't know Emacs supplied
one.  I think this should be removed from Emacs, it is just a pain to update,
not to mention handling different XCode versions.

Emacs should after all be hacked in Emacs :-).

	Jan D.

* Re: Wrong file locations in nextstep/Cocoa/Emacs.xcodeproj
@ 2011-10-18  3:40     ` Chong Yidong
From: Chong Yidong @ 2011-10-18  3:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jan Djärv; +Cc: emacs-devel, CHENG Gao

Jan Djärv <jan.h.d@swipnet.se> writes:

> It is the definition file for Apples XCode IDE.  I didn't know Emacs
> supplied one.  I think this should be removed from Emacs, it is just a
> pain to update, not to mention handling different XCode versions.
>
> Emacs should after all be hacked in Emacs :-).

OK, could you please remove it?  Thanks.

* Re: Wrong file locations in nextstep/Cocoa/Emacs.xcodeproj
@ 2011-10-18  5:54       ` Jan Djärv
From: Jan Djärv @ 2011-10-18  5:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Chong Yidong; +Cc: emacs-devel, CHENG Gao

18 okt 2011 kl. 05:40 skrev Chong Yidong:

> Jan Djärv <jan.h.d@swipnet.se> writes:
>
>> It is the definition file for Apples XCode IDE.  I didn't know Emacs
>> supplied one.  I think this should be removed from Emacs, it is just a
>> pain to update, not to mention handling different XCode versions.
>>
>> Emacs should after all be hacked in Emacs :-).
>
> OK, could you please remove it?  Thanks.

Done.

* Re: Wrong file locations in nextstep/Cocoa/Emacs.xcodeproj
@ 2011-10-19 10:59         ` CHENG Gao
From: CHENG Gao @ 2011-10-19 10:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

In this case, guess "Xcode" section in nextstep/INSTALL itches to
dispear. :-p

--
The enemies of Freedom do not argue; they shout and they shoot.

* Re: Wrong file locations in nextstep/Cocoa/Emacs.xcodeproj
@ 2011-10-19 15:42           ` Jan Djärv
From: Jan Djärv @ 2011-10-19 15:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: CHENG Gao; +Cc: emacs-devel

Hello.

19 okt 2011 kl. 12:59 skrev CHENG Gao:

> In this case, guess "Xcode" section in nextstep/INSTALL itches to
> dispear. :-p
>
> --
> The enemies of Freedom do not argue; they shout and they shoot.

Thanks for pointing that out.  Now removed.

	Jan D.