all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Using org to display daily work time
@ 2008-05-15 11:32 Paulo Jorge de O. C. de Matos
From: Paulo Jorge de O. C. de Matos @ 2008-05-15 11:32 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hello all,

I am using org-mode to keep up my todo list and the individual time I
spend on each todo item.
I would like to generate a list of the daily time for each .org
file. For example, if I am in work.org and ask for the daily timing I
could get:
May 11, 2008: 7 hours 10 minutes
May 12, 2008: 8 hours 1 minutes

Is there already something done for this one do I need to get my hands
dirty with elisp?
:)

Cheers,

Paulo Jorge Matos - pocm at soton.ac.uk
http://www.personal.soton.ac.uk/pocm
PhD Student @ ECS
University of Southampton, UK

* Re: Using org to display daily work time
@ 2008-05-17 17:27 ` Peter Jones
From: Peter Jones @ 2008-05-17 17:27 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: Paulo Jorge de O. C. de Matos; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

pocm@soton.ac.uk (Paulo Jorge de O. C. de Matos) writes:
> I am using org-mode to keep up my todo list and the individual time I
> spend on each todo item.
> I would like to generate a list of the daily time for each .org
> file. For example, if I am in work.org and ask for the daily timing I
> could get:
> May 11, 2008: 7 hours 10 minutes
> May 12, 2008: 8 hours 1 minutes

Paulo,

Take a look at clock reports in the org manual:
http://orgmode.org/manual/Clocking-work-time.html#Clocking-work-time

--
Peter Jones, pmade inc.
http://pmade.com