all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Using native spellcheck under OS X?
@ 2004-01-15 19:11 Kai-Mikael Jää-Aro
From: Kai-Mikael Jää-Aro @ 2004-01-15 19:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

Is it possible to get Emacs to use the Macintosh spellcheck and dictionaries,
or do I have to install ispell with corresponding dictionaries?

--
Kai-Mikael Jää-Aro	email:  kai@nada.kth.se	    "Don't win, don't lose."
NADA, KTH 		voice:  +46 8 790 61 18		-- Yoshigasaki-sensei

* Re: Using native spellcheck under OS X?
@ 2004-01-15 20:03 ` Tim McNamara
From: Tim McNamara @ 2004-01-15 20:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

kai@achernar.nada.kth.se (Kai-Mikael Jää-Aro) writes:

> Is it possible to get Emacs to use the Macintosh spellcheck and
> dictionaries, or do I have to install ispell with corresponding
> dictionaries?

Almost anything is possible with Emacs, but it's not even easy to get
native OS X applications to use Apple's spellcheck system.  ispell
and aspell are straightforward and easy to get working in Emacs.