all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* emacs 22 + tramp 2.0.55: password caching problem/question.
@ 2008-03-26 12:56 Michal
From: Michal @ 2008-03-26 12:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hallo Group Members

in my ~/.emacs I set:

(setq password-cache-expiry nil)

I visit remote folder with:
/scp:root@10.102.12.89:/etc

then emacs asks for password.

Since then everytime, when I visit remote directories I do not have to reenter password, but when I try to visit any remote regular file, it ALWAYS asks me for password.

Also from "TRAMP version 2.0.55 User Manual" info manual I can read:

   Implementation Note: password caching is based on the package
password.el in No Gnus.  For the time being, it is activated only when
this package is seen in the `load-path' while loading TRAMP.  It will
be activated mandatory once No Gnus has found its way into GNU Emacs.

but I do not have password.el* file in my system.

C-h v gnus-version:
gnus-version is a variable defined in `gnus.el'.
Its value is "Gnus v5.11"

Both gnus and tramp packages used by me are ones provided with emacs 22.

Did You experience such problems?

regards,
Michal