all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
From: Markus Triska <markus.triska@gmx.at>
To: YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu <mituharu@math.s.chiba-u.ac.jp>
Cc: 1696@emacsbugs.donarmstrong.com
Subject: bug#1696: 23.0.60; Crash in XFreeColors
Date: Sat, 09 May 2009 12:17:09 +0200	[thread overview]

YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu <mituharu@math.s.chiba-u.ac.jp> writes:

>   1. $ emacs -nw -Q
>   2. (make-frame-on-display (getenv "DISPLAY")) ;; on tty
>   3. (x-synchronize t)				;; on X, optional
>   4. C-x 5 0					;; on X
>   5. Repeat 2 and 4 a few times.
>
> This produced a backtrace that is similar to your original report for
> me on Mac OS X (both 10.4 and 10.5), X11 build with Xft support.
> Though I couldn't reproduce it on Ubuntu 9.04.

Thank you, based on these steps, when I evaluate in "emacs -Q -nw" (on
Leopard):

   (while t
     (delete-frame (make-frame-on-display (getenv "DISPLAY"))))

then I see these messages flickering on the terminal a few times:

   Xlib:  extension "Generic Event Extension" missing on display "/tmp/launch-IGhxO1/:0".
   Xlib:  extension "Generic Event Extension" missing on display "/tmp/launch-IGhxO1/:0".
   Xlib:  extension "Generic Event Extension" missing on display "/tmp/launch-IGhxO1/:0".
   The program 'emacs' received an X Window System error.
   The error was 'BadColor (invalid Colormap parameter)'.
   (Details: serial 477 error_code 12 request_code 89 minor_code 0)

and Emacs eventually quits with exit code 01.