all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Adding support for GCC's new "note" messages in Compilations
@ 2009-11-12 13:55 Nordlöw
From: Nordlöw @ 2009-11-12 13:55 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

I would like to add support for GCC's new note: messages so that I can
reach them with previous and next-error. Any hints or recommendations?

/Nordlöw

Heres a sample output from the compilation:

-*- mode: compilation; default-directory: "/home/per/pnw/pnware/" -*-
Comint started at Thu Nov 12 14:51:43

\nice -n 10 make -j 1 CFLAGS='-g -DDEBUG -DDEBUG_CHECK_ALL' CXXFLAGS='-
g -DDEBUG -DDEBUG_CHECK_ALL' t_pmdb
  CC     utils.o
  CC     pnw_types.o
  CXX    paptfile.o
In file included from pmdb/paptfile.cpp:2:
pmdb/paptfile.hpp: In constructor ‘pAPTFile::pAPTFile()’:
pmdb/paptfile.hpp:21: error: no matching function for call to
‘pURI::pURI()’
pmdb/puri.hpp:20: note: candidates are: pURI::pURI(ccstring&)
pmdb/puri.hpp:17: note:                 pURI::pURI(const pURI&)
make: *** [paptfile.o] Fel 1

Comint exited abnormally with code 2 at Thu Nov 12 14:51:44

* Re: Adding support for GCC's new "note" messages in Compilations
@ 2009-11-12 14:47 ` Helmut Eller
From: Helmut Eller @ 2009-11-12 14:47 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

* Nordlöw [2009-11-12 14:55+0100] writes:

> I would like to add support for GCC's new note: messages so that I can
> reach them with previous and next-error. Any hints or recommendations?

This is already supported, but notes are skipped by default.
See compilation-skip-threshold.

Helmut

* Re: Adding support for GCC's new "note" messages in Compilations
@ 2009-11-12 19:45   ` Nordlöw
From: Nordlöw @ 2009-11-12 19:45 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

On 12 Nov, 15:47, Helmut Eller <eller.hel...@gmail.com> wrote:
> * Nordlöw [2009-11-12 14:55+0100] writes:
>
> > I would like to add support for GCC's new note: messages so that I can
> > reach them with previous and next-error. Any hints or recommendations?
>
> This is already supported, but notes are skipped by default.
> See compilation-skip-threshold.
>
> Helmut

Great!

What about localized compilation messages? Where should I look if I
want to support this?

Thanks,
Nordlöw

* Re: Adding support for GCC's new "note" messages in Compilations
@ 2009-11-12 20:29     ` Helmut Eller
From: Helmut Eller @ 2009-11-12 20:29 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

* Nordlöw [2009-11-12 20:45+0100] writes:

> On 12 Nov, 15:47, Helmut Eller <eller.hel...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> * Nordlöw [2009-11-12 14:55+0100] writes:
>>
>> > I would like to add support for GCC's new note: messages so that I can
>> > reach them with previous and next-error. Any hints or recommendations?
>>
>> This is already supported, but notes are skipped by default.
>> See compilation-skip-threshold.
>>
>> Helmut
>
> Great!
>
> What about localized compilation messages? Where should I look if I
> want to support this?

Probably compilation-error-regexp-alist and etc/compilation.txt.

But this is a messy business as it's so regexp oriented.  At one point
somebody put a regexp in there for some Java tool but the regexp was
awfully inefficient and affected all other regexps too.  Suddenly it
took dozens of seconds to parse even small outputs.

Helmut