Hello, On 2015-12-03 22:16, Bob Proulx writes: > Seeing the IRC questions has prompted me to ask about something that > gets in the way of my using ERC. I use an irc bouncer proxy to > maintain a persistent connection. With most irc clients this works > great. But with Emacs erc when I disconnect erc then disconnects from > all of the channels completely defeating the purpose of using the irc > bouncer. > > I have looked several times but haven't found where this disconnection > is done. Does anyone know how to tell erc not to do this? > > [My workaround when I am using erc is to pull the network connection > so that erc can't transmit the disconnect commands and then to exit > erc. Then I can reconnect to the network. Harsh. But effective!] I did not know about IRC bouncers, so I looked it up, and I really like the idea (I'm currently using weechat in a tmux session on a server to stay connected, but it's outside of emacs which is sad). Which irc bouncer would you recommend using? Thanks, Alan -- OpenPGP Key ID : 040D0A3B4ED2E5C7 Athmospheric CO₂ (Updated November 29, 2015, Mauna Loa Obs.): 400.37 ppm