all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Colours for Tinted Modus Themes
@ 2024-08-26  0:13 Heime
From: Heime @ 2024-08-26  0:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Heime via Users list for the GNU Emacs text editor

modus-operandi-tinted has a set of base tones that are shades of light
ochre (earthly colors), while modus-vivendi-tinted gives a night sky
impression.

But I am having difficulty finding the actual hex colours he uses for
the tinted versions.

* Re: Colours for Tinted Modus Themes
@ 2024-08-26 21:43 ` Rudolf Adamkovič
From: Rudolf Adamkovič @ 2024-08-26 21:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Heime, Heime via Users list for the GNU Emacs text editor

Heime <heimeborgia@protonmail.com> writes:

> modus-operandi-tinted has a set of base tones that are shades of light
> ochre (earthly colors), while modus-vivendi-tinted gives a night sky
> impression.
>
> But I am having difficulty finding the actual hex colours he uses for
> the tinted versions.

M-x modus-themes-list-colors RET

Rudy
--
"The power of mathematics rests on its evasion of all unnecessary
thought."  --- Ernst Mach, 1838-1916

Rudolf Adamkovič <rudolf@adamkovic.org> [he/him]
http://adamkovic.org

* Re: Colours for Tinted Modus Themes
@ 2024-08-26 22:01   ` Heime
From: Heime @ 2024-08-26 22:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rudolf Adamkovič; +Cc: Heime via Users list for the GNU Emacs text editor

On Tuesday, August 27th, 2024 at 9:43 AM, Rudolf Adamkovič <rudolf@adamkovic.org> wrote:

> Heime heimeborgia@protonmail.com writes:
>
> > modus-operandi-tinted has a set of base tones that are shades of light
> > ochre (earthly colors), while modus-vivendi-tinted gives a night sky
> > impression.
> >
> > But I am having difficulty finding the actual hex colours he uses for
> > the tinted versions.
>

> M-x modus-themes-list-colors RET
>
> Rudy
> --
> "The power of mathematics rests on its evasion of all unnecessary
> thought." --- Ernst Mach, 1838-1916
>
> Rudolf Adamkovič rudolf@adamkovic.org [he/him]

I would think that he used bg-main as the default background colour
for the dark tinted version.  Is this correct ?

* Re: Colours for Tinted Modus Themes
@ 2024-08-27 11:39     ` Rudolf Adamkovič
From: Rudolf Adamkovič @ 2024-08-27 11:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Heime; +Cc: Heime via Users list for the GNU Emacs text editor

Heime <heimeborgia@protonmail.com> writes:

>> Rudolf Adamkovič rudolf@adamkovic.org [he/him]
>
> I would think that he used bg-main as the default background colour
> for the dark tinted version.  Is this correct ?

`bg-main' is the main background color used by the theme you choose
interactively when you run M-x modus-themes-list-colors RET.

P.S. If you need to use the color in Emacs Lisp code, you can get them
with `modus-themes-with-colors', `modus-themes-get-color-value', and the
like.  See the manual and/or the source code for more details.

--
"Chop your own wood and it will warm you twice."
--- Henry Ford; Francis Kinloch, 1819; Henry David Thoreau, 1854