all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* ispell path problem
@ 2002-12-04 17:49 Peter Lee
From: Peter Lee @ 2002-12-04 17:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

I downloaded ispell for win32 by Piet Tutelaers.  I'm running emacs
21.2.1 and whenever I highlight a region and do "M-x ispell" I get the
following message:

ispell-init-process: Can't open c:/ispell/lib/english.has
Warning: No DPMI-server FPU support

My ispell directory is d:/ispell.  d:/ispell/bin is in my path. I also
created the has file in d:/ispell/lib and confirmed it is there.

I just can't figure out where to set the library path. There is
ispell-library-path but it does not appear to be customizable and is
indeed set to c:/ispell/lib. If I do (setq ispell-library-path
"d:/ispell/lib") it succeeds, but whenever I run ispell i get the same
error. I pretty confused.  Any help would be appreciated.

Oh, I'm using ispell.el version 3.2 by Ken Stevens.

Thanks.

* Re: ispell path problem
@ 2002-12-05  6:07 ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2002-12-05  6:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wed, 4 Dec 2002, Peter Lee wrote:

> I downloaded ispell for win32 by Piet Tutelaers.  I'm running emacs
> 21.2.1 and whenever I highlight a region and do "M-x ispell" I get the
> following message:
>
> ispell-init-process: Can't open c:/ispell/lib/english.has
> Warning: No DPMI-server FPU support

You've got the wrong port of Ispell.  Download another one from here:

 ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/windows/emacs/contrib/ispell.zip

* Re: ispell path problem
       [not found] <mailman.1039068501.16655.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2002-12-05 18:47 ` Peter Lee
From: Peter Lee @ 2002-12-05 18:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@is.elta.co.il> writes:
> You've got the wrong port of Ispell.  Download another one from here:
>  ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/windows/emacs/contrib/ispell.zip

Thanks a lot Eli !  That works... There were an awful lot of ports out
there.  Somewhat confusing.

* Re: ispell path problem
@ 2002-12-05 19:55 ` Jason Rumney
From: Jason Rumney @ 2002-12-05 19:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

Peter Lee <pete_lee@swbell.net> writes:

> I downloaded ispell for win32 by Piet Tutelaers.  I'm running emacs
> 21.2.1 and whenever I highlight a region and do "M-x ispell" I get the
> following message:
>
> ispell-init-process: Can't open c:/ispell/lib/english.has
> Warning: No DPMI-server FPU support

Judging by this message, it appears you do not have ispell for w32
after all, but ispell for DOS. Perhaps the Cygwin port of ispell 3.2
will work better.