all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* P_ ?
@ 2010-07-24 18:03 Óscar Fuentes
From: Óscar Fuentes @ 2010-07-24 18:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

In lisp.h:

#ifndef HAVE_MEMSET
extern void *memset P_ ((void *, int, size_t));
#endif
#ifndef HAVE_MEMCPY
extern void *memcpy P_ ((void *, void *, size_t));
#endif
#ifndef HAVE_MEMMOVE
extern void *memmove P_ ((void *, void *, size_t));
#endif
#ifndef HAVE_MEMCMP
extern int memcmp P_ ((void *, void *, size_t));
#endif

Where is the definition of P_? Or is it cruft?

* Re: P_ ?
@ 2010-07-24 18:17 ` Andreas Schwab
From: Andreas Schwab @ 2010-07-24 18:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Óscar Fuentes; +Cc: emacs-devel

Óscar Fuentes <ofv@wanadoo.es> writes:

> Where is the definition of P_? Or is it cruft?

Consider it removed.

Andreas.

--
Andreas Schwab, schwab@linux-m68k.org

* Re: P_ ?
@ 2010-07-26 12:51 ` Davis Herring
From: Davis Herring @ 2010-07-26 12:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Óscar Fuentes; +Cc: emacs-devel

> Where is the definition of P_? Or is it cruft?

Its definition and most of its uses were very recently removed; you caught
one that wasn't.

Davis

shipping.

* Re: P_ ?
@ 2010-07-26 16:56   ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2010-07-26 16:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: herring; +Cc: ofv, emacs-devel

> Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2010 05:51:00 -0700 (PDT)
> From: "Davis Herring" <herring@lanl.gov>
> Cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org
>
> > Where is the definition of P_? Or is it cruft?
>
> Its definition and most of its uses were very recently removed; you caught
> one that wasn't.

OTOH, this whole fragment is for non-ANSI compilers (well, non-ANSI
libraries, to be more accurate), because only those won't have
memcpy, memset, etc.  So, if we don't need to support such
environments anymore, this whole portion of lisp.h should be removed.