all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Mac-grab-link Help
@ 2015-06-03 18:53 outdoorspipe
       [not found] ` <mailman.4262.1433403102.904.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: outdoorspipe @ 2015-06-03 18:53 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

I have been using programs like Notepad ++ and Textwrangler for text editing. Recently, I tried Emacs, and I am hooked. But, it is totally new for me.

I am having an issue, that I was wondering if someone can help with.

I am using the "windowed" version of Emacs on my Mac, but I have also tried the same thing, with the same issue with a macport installation of Emacs.

The problem is, I would like to use org-mac-grab-link, and when I type in the following command to make it work:

M-x omlg-grab-link

I get a result of [no match]

And I can not go any further.

Before I even tried using grab-link, I enabled mac-link-grabber in the org group. So, I thought I should be set up correctly.

Also, when starting Emacs, the first line at the bottom says:

"Problems while trying to load feature mac-grab-link"

Does anyone have any ideas. Having the ability to link to other mac applications would be great.

Thanks,
Brian

* Re: Mac-grab-link Help
@ 2015-06-04  7:31 ` Rainer M Krug
       [not found] ` <mailman.4262.1433403102.904.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Rainer M Krug @ 2015-06-04  7:31 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: outdoorspipe; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

outdoorspipe@gmail.com writes:

> I have been using programs like Notepad ++ and Textwrangler for text
> editing. Recently, I tried Emacs, and I am hooked. But, it is totally
> new for me.
>
> I am having an issue, that I was wondering if someone can help with.
>
> I am using the "windowed" version of Emacs on my Mac, but I have also
> tried the same thing, with the same issue with a macport installation
> of Emacs.
>
> The problem is, I would like to use org-mac-grab-link, and when I type in the following command to make it work:
>
> M-x omlg-grab-link

I hope this is a typo in your email? Otherwise:

M-x org-grab-link

Cheers,

Rainer

--
Rainer M. Krug
email: Rainer<at>krugs<dot>de

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: Mac-grab-link Help
       [not found] ` <mailman.4262.1433403102.904.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2015-06-04 11:13   ` outdoorspipe
From: outdoorspipe @ 2015-06-04 11:13 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Yes, sorry. I was using M-x org-grab-link with the results described above.

I was figuring it is not working because of the startup error I was receiving, but I do not have any idea how to fix it. I was hoping someone would know.

Thanks,
Brian